Sparkling golden yellow. Bright and intense with lovely depth and complexity. Figs, apricots and nuances of brioche on the palate with superb balance and freshness. Vibrant and defined with a crisp finish.more
The Rapeneau family hail from the Marne region and have been specialists in the wine trade since early in the 19th Century. Following the acquisition of a majority shareholding in G H Martel, a champagne house dating back to 1869, the company has thrived. Bernard Rapeneau took over the reins from his father in 1944, and under his expert direction, guided the company from strength to strength with sales exceeding 2 million bottles in the early 1980s. Bernard's younger son Christophe now runs the company as cellarmaster and oenogist, while his elder brother Jean-Francois is responsible for sales. The House...
Beautifully pure, floral nose. On the palate a racy, energetic feel with nuances of stone fruit, acacia, brioche and underlying minerality. Lovely purity and vitality run like a vein through the wine, which has a long, crisp, slightly nutty finish. Exemplary Blanc de Blancs and great apéritif style.
Deliciously precise with high toned citrus fruit providing thrilling...more
Bottle 75cl £32.20
Golden in colour with fine bubbles. Rich scents of biscuit, brioche, honey, yellow plum, grapefruit and butter. Citrus, plum and grapefruit flavours on the palate with zesty lemon peel, notes of honey and yeast, all underpinned with mouthwatering acidity. Elegant, fruity and rich, with a very long length.more
Bottle 75cl £27.50
50% pinot meunier, 40% pinot noir, 10% chardonnay from Cumières, this is the classic non-vintage expression of Geoffroy’s house style. The rich fig and red apple fruits create a compelling contrast with crisp acidity and tight grapefruit and lemon notes. Three years on lees makes for generous maturity, reinforcing honey and fruit cake spice and a deliciously creamy texture. Wonderful,...more
Bottle 75cl £32.00
Bottle 75cl £30.00
This is the first Rose from Champagne Pierre Gimonnet which is produced using 12% of Pinot Noir from Bouzy; the remaining 88% is a blend of Chardonnay grapes from 4 Grand Cru and 1 Premier Cru vineyards. Pale salmon pink with a very fine mousse. Delicate red berry flavours with a core of minerality, a finely-textured palate and a backbone...more
Bottle 75cl £35.00
Bottle 75cl £40.00
From one of the very finest vintages of the past three decades this is already oozing with class and sensuous appeal. It is marvellously complex with ripe aromas of ripe orchard fruit and zesty citrus. The palate just continues the seduction with an array of flavours that reminds you why Champagne is one of the noblest wines of...more
Bottle 75cl £45.00
Bottle 37.5cl £16.08